Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thing 9 - Online Image Generators


Totally fun Thing!  I could play for hours!  I used the Happy Face Generator to make the logo above.  There were too many choices of glitter -- I felt like a 1st grader who was told that even though there may be 10 choices of glitter color I had to limit myself to one.  Sometimes life is so unfair!  I like to open my new blog post with something fun and inviting.  Who can't feel welcome with Hello World, or my last post of Toodles!?  Anyway, welcome to my blog.  Take your shoes off, set a spell (Yikes!  I'm showing my age -- do any of you even know about the Beverly Hillbillies?).

Here is what I'm going to refer to as my I LOVE ME Wall.  Who can be upset when they see that I am awesome!  No, really, there is an "I Am Awesome" tool in ImageChef that will make an I Am Awesome slideshow for you, too.  Check out mine to the right of my page.  Now, how can you feel bad when the whole world loves you?


I wanted to share a few of my other images that I made on Comic Strip Generator.  I love Marvin Martian.  He is so misunderstood.  My favorite coffee cup has his image, so I immediately looked him up to see if he was one of my comic strip choices.  Yeah!  I found him and now, may I present to you, my Marvin!
I love dogs, so of course I had to search for a dog comic strip, too.  Here are my doggie friends.  Now, who can name them?  I'm sure you know the movie name, but why not provide that, too?


Now, my reflections.....The process was simple.  I was told to have fun and I did.  Text boxes were provided and I simply put in the words that I wanted to appear and "Shazam!" there you have it.  Image generating tools could add depth to children's projects and writings (and be fun!!!).  Talk about a way to get kids interested in text.  Give them a cartoon strip where they have to make up the words, and guess what, even your most reluctant writer/reader will be begging for more.  Personally, I need to stay away from these Things until I get more sleep.  Total addiction! 

4 comments:

  1. I just love your little cartoon pictures! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brandi! Can you tell I'm having fun with all of these new-to-me technology tools?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The names of the dogs are Pongo & Perdita from 101 Dalmations! Do I win a prize? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You win! You are so right, Melisha! Pongo and Perdita it is. You won yourself some Smarties!

    ReplyDelete