Monday, October 24, 2011

Thing 19 - Beyond Facebook: Other Social Networks

A friend invited me to join TeacherPop about a year ago.  I didn't really know what I was doing back then, since I had not taken the Technology class with Dr. Wall.  I logged in today, added a profile photo and posted the following to my friend Erin Brown's TeacherPop blog:

 I also added the NING TeacherPop badge to my blog.  See?


I then uploaded a link to my YouTube video.  I actually created a series of videos to help my dear friend Anita learn how to clean a fish tank.  I used direct instruction, so please provide feedback as to how I can improve.  The camera work was done by my eight-year-old daughter.  Didn't she do a nice job?  Click here to see my video on TeacherPop.  Don't you just love my Austin Peay spirit?


TeacherPop appeals to me as the idea of teachers blogging and helping each other just makes sense.  Blogging with like-minded people makes sense.   I am also a member of Facebook, but that was thoroughly discussed in Thing 18, so I won't belabor that point.  Truth be told, if I am not active on Facebook, which includes all of my family and friends, will I really use ANOTHER blog?  I don't think so.  I just don't think so.  While I do find social networks interesting, I just don't have the time to put into them right now.  Maybe when life slows down...

Wait, hold the computer.  Just checked out a cooking blog The Tasty ChefI LOVE TO COOK!  As mentioned previously, time is not something that I have a lot of, so I'm always looking for good, crockpot meals.  In fact, my husband has said on more than one occasion that he thinks I might have forgotten how to cook meals that don't involve my crockpot.  Check out this potato soup recipe.  Look at the picture and tell me you won't be making it soon!  

 Guess who is responsible for this cooking blog?  Don't rush to see.  Really guess!





Here is a hint........






That Ree is up to everything, isn't she?!  Happy cooking!  And, yes, I signed up for this blog, too.  I only wish I could pass this blog on to my sister.  She would love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment