Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Thing 17 - Tagging and social bookmarking with Del.icio.us

This was an easy thing for me as I have already explored Del.icio.us with my Thing 6.  I did create my own log in and even made a stack for my Great Depression unit plan.  As mentioned in my Thing 6, Del.icio.us is a fabulous tool that can be a huge help for lesson planning resources.  Not only that, but it is easy to find remediation websites for students struggling with certain concepts or skills.  Teachers can benefit from this social bookmarking site by peeking into others bookmarks, which can save time searching for the "perfect" lesson.  After successfully using bookmarks of others, they may be your go-to's to peek into their lessons in the future.  My best ideas are usually borrowed for most everything in life, so why not extend this to lesson planning?  Anyway, if people didn't want to share their bookmarks, they would have made them private, right?  Also, good teachers tend to be helpers and share well, so why not do your part, too?

I tried StumbleUpon and Digg as social bookmarking tools, but they just didn't seem as easy to use as Del.icio.us.

BTW, Google Alerts is still working on my research paper and sent me a notification that more information on cluster grouping hit the web.  I love this tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment