Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Thing 14 - Flow Charts and Mind Maps


Gliffy is a nifty little tool.  The only downside that I could see is that there was no spell check.  I’m a stickler for spell check.  I chose Gliffy for my Venn Diagram as I liked the name and the preview on the Thing 14 looked interesting.  There are a lot of pre-set flowcharts in Gliffy.  I may want to access this tool when I’m making my classroom layout later, as it does have some nice floor plan layout tools.  However, as I have said before, I am a Microsoft girl, so PowerPoint is my go to for almost any graphic need.  Here is my Venn Diagram that I created in Gliffy.


Mindmeister is an awesome mind mapping tool.  I tried Bubble.us, but it lost its brain and I was unable to do anything in there.  A friend had recommended Bubble.us previously, so I was a bit disappointed when I couldn't get it to work.  I tried Mindmeister and it is so easy to move, organize and map your thought process.  I am working on the history standards for the Great Depression time period for my project.  I mapped my thoughts for my lesson plans and here they are:


On a totally different note, Steve Jobs died today.   How very sad.  While I’m discussing my Technological Things, it seems fitting that I pay tribute to such an innovative, creative entrepreneur.  He has changed the lives of many, including myself.  Goodbye, Steve.  Thanks for making life easier for some many of your fellow Americans.  May you enjoy an Apple a day and then some!

No comments:

Post a Comment