Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thing 24 - Is it the end or just the beginning?


This class, this “Thing,” was by far the most fun and useful college course that I have had thus far.  While I considered myself very well versed in Word, I didn’t know about the drawing tools.  I happened to use them in a Math lesson I was teaching a few weeks ago.  My little first graders commented “you made that!?” and “you must have used a computer”.  You know I did.  The night before, I went online, did a few screenshots, typed my text, added arrows so as not to lose the little ones focus and in a matter of minutes I had whipped up something that helped my students LEARN.  And to think I didn’t even stay at a Holiday Inn Express that night.  

Seriously, I so wish that I had taken this course during my first or second semester.  It would have made life so much easier and prettier.  Some of my PowerPoint presentations prior to taking this class were BAD!  Now, I’d put my PowerPoint against yours any day – and I’d bet we’d both be winners and still learn something. 


What about LiveBinder?  Now, that is an organizational geeks dream come true.  Add the Google auto fill and Bam! You have the makings for a good lesson plan, or remediation games, or “I need to spice up my lessons” Thing.


RSS – now that is something that I never knew about, but now I use every day.  The news I want comes to me.  I feel so powerful!


Playing on YouTube and Animoto were so fun!  And to think that it was actually homework.  I’m going to miss that I no longer can waste away hours every night (or in the wee hours of the morning) and honestly say, “Honey, I can’t believe how much homework I have in this Technology course.”  In case you couldn’t see, the inward smile in that sentence, here you go :-).


Regarding my technological future?  I signed up for the Learning 2.1 blog RSS.  I will not have cobwebs grow on me.  I’ll grow with my children and students until I’m no longer on GOD’s green Earth.  Thanks for the interesting, exciting, time intensive ride, Dr. Wall.  I’ll remember it forever in every day that I use this great tool call Web 2.0!  You are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment