Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thing 20 You, Too, Can You Tube

YouTube is such a great website.  For my Math 1410 class, I was required to upload a few teaching videos, but I didn't dare bore you with such muck!  Anyway, it was fun looking through the videos.  I chose the Charlie Brown video above as it speaks of the power of teachers.  Teachers need to show students that we care, perhaps by choosing them to pound erasers, like in Linus' case?  We also need to remember that we are powerful people in little people's lives.  Did you see Linus' face after the teacher scolded him for acting like a doctor?  Teachers must remember that our students often hold us in high regard, especially if we hold our students in high regard first.


So what if you are having a bad day and just can't seem to be the positive teacher that you usually are?  Go to YouTube!  Look for funny videos and turn your attitude around!  I'm a dog lover so this video made me smile.  I worried about the health aspects of the furry friend, but the constant reassurances by the trainer and final long pat at the end of the routine made me comfortable about the care of this canine friend.  Anyway, enjoy!





I also found plenty of videos to supplement my Great Depression unit plan.  I spared you that video, as hey, I just got you on a positive track with the dancing dog.  You certainly don't expect me to DEPRESS you with a Great Depression video, do you? 

Serious note:  It's advisable to go to YouTube with a plan in mind.  Otherwise, it is a total time waster, like Facebook.  If you go in to browse, you'll end up spending hours!  Have fun, view wisely, and set your timer!

No comments:

Post a Comment